The thoughts, dreams, and lifestyle of a homeschooled gal from a family of ten.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Stop to Smell the Roses

I have days where I'm really, really happy. I mean, I'm usually a happy person, but today I just feel really happy. And that's nice. :D

I cleaned my half of the room I share with my sister. Mostly. It looks better. And I've moved a bookshelf into it with the help of my big brother, so now I just have to put the shelves on and add books. It'll be wonderful.

I got a Thor poster, and I really love it. Only, it doesn't have Loki on it. :P

I stayed up really late last night watching The Avengers with my one and only amazing brother, and I haven't seen it since it was in theaters so that was fun.
And totally unrelated to that, I now have more Loki feels. It totally doesn't have anything to do with watching that last night. Nope.

I have two white flowers that I've put in a jar, and then dyed the water blue. Now I get to watch as the flowers slowly turn blue, and it is so beautiful. Maybe I'll try for a picture when they're both finished.
And they both smell really pretty. :D Can things even smell pretty? Well apparently they can to me. XD

I've been climbing out of the window to watch the sunset the past few nights. We have this little corner part on our roof that is an amazing spot to sit on and watch the sky later in the day. And it's really comfy to bring a pillow and a blanket out there and cuddle up and just watch the sunset for a while, and then the stars.
I get front row seats. :D

And then, watching the sunet has been making me think: It's there every single day. Literally, and it is one of the most beautiful things I see all day. And I've only recently taken the time to watch it. And I find that kinda sad. I mean, God gave us a beautiful display that we can watch for free.

And seriously, the sunset is simply beautiful. I wonder why more people don't take the time to watch it. It doesn't take that long, and it gives me a happy feeling. It's really amazing, even on cloudy days.

So try to stop and smell the roses, or maybe sit on your roof and watch the sunset. ;) It's beautiful. It's like God's gift to us to end each day. Why not enjoy it?

Have a great rest of the day darlings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment